Wednesday, December 25, 2013

christmas is here

finally my favorite day of the year is here.
however, my new colleagues have been talking of the missing christmas spirit. 
and my mum said the same thing. 
and, ultimately, i am feeling the same. 
it is as if the christmas theme for the year. 

i have been dreaming of that magical christmas. 
and year in year out, honestly, it fell short a little bit of that expectation.
when i thought it over, apparently magical is spelled something like this:
cold weather, snow, winter coat, and with hands inside the pocket. 
one of the times when hot chocolate really makes sense as a drink. 

i know the significance of the christ in christmas. 
but, yes, i have been won by the western's ideas of a christmas. 
and, technically christmas by itself is their culture. so, no wonder. 

but, as usual, i refuse to admit the low spirit. 
at least i try my best not to say anything about it. 
and, try my best to enjoy the christmas, enjoy the holiday. 

i forced myself to attend a church's service on the eve with my parents.
and, it is a rather old-style church with organ, orchestra, and choirs. 
somewhat a move back to christmas' real meaning, which is good. 

then, back at home, i drowned myself in the sea of melancholy with na xie nian. 
reminiscing the two year old trip, where i missed Michelle Chen by a bit. 

with a sufficient dose of melancholy jab, i am ready for my favorite day.
maybe, i'll start with waking up early, watching the pope saying a few words, 
and some land before time movie. 

so, merry christmas everyone! 

2 comments: